THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Miley Cyrus: "I'm Not A Bad Girl"

"People have very mixed opinions on me; I’m a great role model, or I’m completely inappropriate for anyone under 13 and I am controversial. I don’t know how I became this. There was this magazine article the other day, showing all the younger celebrities. I was the Girl Next Door or whatever, and I fell under the category of Good Girl Gone Bad. And I was like, “What the hell, man?” I stay in the house pretty much every day. I don’t go out. I’ve had same boyfriend for two years. So I think there are two very different reviews."
This I never understood. Cyrus got so much heat for this picture (above). I truly believe it was tastfully done. It's artistic and beautiful. However... these below...
...are another story...
In her exclusive interview with Joe Yogerst for Prestige Magazine, she really got personal about her image, and who she really is:
I’m not a big fan of LA, I’ve got to be honest. I like being able to work here, but any chance to go back home [to Tennessee], I love it.
When asked if she misses Hannah Montana, the starlett replied:
No [laughs]. I miss the family vibe, but I don’t miss the routine at all. I was so bored doing the same thing every day. It’s a lot easier not being on a show, to live my life a little bit and do some of the other things that I want to do
On fame and having a normal life:
People lose a lot of respect for other human beings when they find out you’re famous, because they’ve never experienced it. I’m with my boyfriend, for instance, and we’re walking around. We’re sure that no-one is taking our picture. We are sure of it. No one has followed us. No is here. And than, a few hours later, it’s life, “Miley Cyrus Alert."
I think that’s what I would have enjoyed most – just being able to be in public and not feel like I’m being watched.
You know, my dad and me, we’re pretty good with fans. We don’t mind taking pictures if they ask. But when they don’t ask, that’s a whole different level of weird.

If you have wondering where she's been recently, she's been making movies. Specifically, Undercover and LOL: Laugh Out Loud with Demi Moore.

There are things I do for me, and there are things I do for the fans, and So Undercover was something I really wanted to do for the fans. It’s the kind of comedy that they’re used to seeing on my show. It’s more for the 13-, 14-, 15-, 16-year-old crowd. LOL: Laughing Out Loud is still for the younger kids, but we did it independently and we shot it with Demi Moore and me. It’s more like real life. It’s a really cool story about a mom and a daughter, and the girl becoming a teenager and the mom going through a midlife crisis, and how a lot of things that they are going through are actually the same. It’s funny how life kind of works like that.

Cyrus has battled so much controversy, and everyone makes assumptions about how she lives her life. She says:

I’m really driven, obviously, I’ve always been that way, but my life is just really mellow, and I like hanging out. I think if they walked into where I live, they’d realise how the [public] perception of me is so different from who I really am. My dad is Native American, so I spend 90 percent of my time outside, going on hikes. That’s my lifestyle right now. The press seems to think that I’m trying to make this big turn and become a bad girl, and really I’m trying to be more connected with the Earth, more connected with myself and figure out who I am, try to understand the world a little more.

By Earth, do you mean... marijuana?


Ok ok... Just kidding. However, that would be a valid defense on her part.
Jokes aside, I think Miley really carried herself well through this interview. She has been out of the spotlight for some time now, and I think that was done strategically, so people could get over her recent "slip ups" that, some would say, weren't really slip ups at all.

What do you think about Miley? Is she still a role model for young women?

0 comments: